I thought of all of you today in church. We were on the stand in a ward we have not previously visited. When the meeting started 9 darling children/adults came into the front of the chapel and sat on the first three rows on the left side. Each of them has downs syndrome. They were all dressed in red and three of the men had matching red, white and gray argyle sweaters. They were darling and sweet and clean. One of them had a "Burt" puppet doll (of Burt and Ernie fame.) The could not sing but during the hymns this sweet boy would put the puppet on his hand and move the puppets mouth as if the doll were singing. Dad and I were in tears. These "perfect" souls bought us to tears. I thought of each of you because I was wishing this was something you could see. Watching them was a sermon about love and innocence.
No comments:
Post a Comment