Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THANKSGIVING DAY!!
The BIRD
I have to admit that I was so proud of my turkey!! I did the whole thing by myself, including sticking my hand inside to pull everything out, while I was dry heaving the whole time. I even brined it overnight, thanks to Amy's recipe and look how beautiful it turned out! I was thrilled with how great it turned out, and I think it tasted good, I didn't eat any.

The spread!

There are many good things about having 30 people come to dinner. Number 1 is that there were 6 women to divide the food between. We ended up with so many yummy, yummy dishes and so much left over food!

Two tables upstairs....

And two table's downstairs. We definitely had a full house, but it was so fun! I loved every minute of it! There were 30 of us, and 18 of them were kids. Thankfully the weather was amazing and they could all go outside. The only thing that would have made it better is if mom and dad and the Gadd clan were here. I missed you all so much!

My favorite part of the day was the football game we had with the Gunther's. It was so fun to watch! I loved seeing the young boys play with their dad and uncle's and friends. We are so blessed to be surrounded with people we love and that love our children. I had to laugh when my nephew Brett was call Kurt, Uncle Kurt. Hopefully this tradition will continue!

I snapped this shot at the end of the day. I was cracking up that all of these kids were sitting on the couch this close, but they were talking to each other. They each had some hand held device and were playing various games. Ridiculous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment