Friday, December 30, 2011

Ashton's Surgery
This is Ash waiting to change and go back for surgery. He was so good even though he just went through this 3 weeks ago. He didn't complain and freak out at all. He was so calm and ready to go.
He loves his toys he got to pick. When we got to the hospital there was a Christmas tree covered with stuffed animals. Ashton got to choose one and he chose this leopard looking one. He loves it! When we read the little tag on it, it said, "Good luck, the windsor 1st ward YW." I was so choked up reading this. Some girls did this unknowing who they would affect by it. They don't know that my little 5 year old was so comforted by their actions. He held that bear the whole time at the hospital and the whole time he has been home. I love the church!

Aren't these hospital jammies the cutest? He was so good while we were there waiting for surgery.

This is right after they brought him to us. He so drugged up, and he just wanted that cursed IV out of his hand. That is the only thing that he complained about hurting him. Thankfully his nurse and the anesthesiologist were so kind and took it out within 5 minutes.

He was semi calmed down in this picture...

...and totally calmed down in this one. Once his IV was out he as totally fine and went to sleep. He was so good and did so much better waking up this time than when he had his tonsils out. I was so thankful for that.

We took off his bandage this morning to look at his staples. I think he has 10 and they look pretty good actually. They cut his ear off so they could get deep inside his ear. Tonight his face is swelling up, but he is doing well, my good boy, how I love him!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, poor little guy. My hubby had a similar surgery and it wasn't fun!

    I think we must be kindred spirits because I have a family picture taken on those exact same steps, I have a boy named Ashton, and we both love Montana! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete